Ok I get it. I’ve been gone for months with no explanation. I’ve completely ignored my personal blog and personal brand and I’ve got no good reason for it. I’ve been tweeting and facebooking and instagramming and pinning (my latest obsession – view my boards here) and doing some blogging for work but I’ve been neglecting my often therapeutic, sometimes vent-y personal blog…until now! I’m not really sure why I stopped writing – the answer could be 1) I was busy (lame excuse) 2) I felt uninspired (depressing but true excuse) and 3) I am in a transitional period of my life (my personal life at least) and was waiting for a more permanent situational life change before resuming blogging and finding my voice and my niche. What I’ve decided though, is my right now is worthy of some coverage so you can expect to find some action over here while I re-discover my voice. In true blogger fashion, here’s my top 5 reasons for getting back on the blogging bandwagon!
1) Post-30 life IS blogworthy! In my twenties, I thought my life was a lot more exciting, funny and blogworthy, but post-30 Allie Life is actually quite interesting and hilarious – maybe just in a slightly less obvious “crazy night out” kinda way…
2) THE LDR community needs a voice! I’ve been in a long-distance relationship for nearly two years which I thought left my in a sort of blogger purgatory, meaning I couldn’t really blog about the single life OR the couple life. I realize now that I have LOTS to offer fellow LDR’ers and could totally start a whole new genre of relationship blogs!
3) To explore other interests! (also known as “get a life!”) The last few years I’ve pretty much been functioning in the typical NYC mode of “live to work” rather than work to live, which I’m not complaining about because I love my job, industry and coworkers but I do have have other interests besides social media that I want to write about and explore. Social media, marketing and branding play a big part in my life and will obviously be present on this blog BUT I’m excited to have a space to chat about random stuff which may include my travel aspirations, my relationships, this crazy city and anything else that moves me.
4) Personal Branding. Ok this may sound a little “marketer-speak” to my non-industry friends but hear me out. I bought the alliezog.com domain more than 5 years ago and have been going by the nickname Zog (and Zogger, Zoggy, Zogette, Lil Zog, etc.) for as long as I can remember. For all my loyal Zog-supporters and for myself, I want to make sure I am harvesting my personal brand and keeping the Zog traditional alive!
5) For the writer In me. I majored in Journalism in college and thought I’d be a newspaper reporter or magazine columnist as a career. I wrote my first “book” at age 7 which was infamously deleted from our old Commodore 64 computer never to be recovered. One of my life goals has always been (and still is!) to write and publish a novel. I can’t claim to be a writer unless I’m actually writing (more than just emails, to-do lists and occasional non-sensical ramblings in little notebooks). Step one, write often, Step two, repeat!
I’m open to suggestions for future blog topics as well as words of encouragement to keep me going! What do YOU want to hear about?
PS – what do you think of my redesign?